Pulse Design Group is seeking a full-time Project Architect to join our healthcare facility design team. This position requires a completed degree in architecture, proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD. A minimum of three years’ experience working in an architectural practice is required, preferably with experience as a project architect in the healthcare sector.
Works under the direction of directors / project managers; works collaboratively with interior designers, medical equipment planners and support staff. Directs Pulse Design Group project staff and coordinates with project engineers and consultants. Typical tasks include space programming and planning; schematic design, including 2D, 3D and/or virtual reality renderings; design development; construction documents preparation; and construction administration tasks. Works independently and efficiently; excellent written and oral communication; able to plan / schedule work tasks effectively for the project team.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD;
- Proficiency in 2D, 3D and/or virtual reality rendering / graphics software; e.g., Google SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator &/or InDesign), AutoDesk 3ds Max, etc;
- Minimum of three years’ experience;
- Works effectively under the direction of directors / project managers; works collaboratively in a team environment, both in the firm and with external engineers / consultants;
- Excellent written & oral communication skills;
- Ability to travel for work occasionally.
Additional items which will add merit to a candidate's application:
- Architectural degree focused on healthcare facility programming, planning & design;
- Architectural registration;
- Significant project experience in the healthcare sector;
- Exposure to typical municipality requirements, building codes, life safety / fire protection requirements, accessibility requirements, sustainable design / energy efficiency requirements, etc;
- Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC);
- LEED Green Associate, LEED AP w/ specialty and/or experience working on projects w/ sustainability requirements.
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading internal project teams;
- Coordinating with external engineers / consultants;
- Significant interaction with clients, consultants, general contractors, etc;
- Navigating local and state municipality / authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) requirements / approvals;
- Project work planning to achieve required schedule milestones;
- Preparation of meeting agendas and written documentation of project meetings;
- Project site investigation / documentation of existing site conditions;
- Departmental and room-by-room space programming;
- Schematic design, including 2D, 3D and/or virtual reality rendering / graphics;
- Design development drawings & specifications;
- Construction documents preparation;
- Construction administration tasks, including on-site observation of projects during construction;
This is a full-time, salaried position. Pulse Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and reference information to email@example.com.