Pulse Design Group is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join our healthcare facility design team. This position requires a completed degree in architecture, proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD, and architectural registration. A minimum of eight years’ experience working in an architectural practice is required, preferably with experience as a project manager / architect in the healthcare sector.
Works under the direction of principals / directors; works collaboratively with architects, interior designers, medical equipment planners and support staff. Leads multi-disciplinary project teams composed of Pulse Design Group staff and external engineers / consultants. Typical tasks include space programming and planning; schematic design; design development; construction documents preparation; and construction administration tasks. Works independently and efficiently; excellent written and oral communication; able to effectively lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD;
- Minimum of eight years’ experience;
- Works effectively under the direction of principals / directors; works collaboratively in a team environment, both in the firm and with external engineers / consultants; able to lead a multi-disciplinary project team effectively;
- Excellent written & oral communication skills;
- Thorough familiarity with typical municipality requirements, building codes, life safety / fire protection requirements, accessibility requirements, sustainable design / energy efficiency requirements, etc;
- Ability to travel for work occasionally.
Additional items which will add merit to a candidate's application:
- Architectural degree focused on healthcare facility programming, planning & design;
- Significant project experience in the healthcare sector;
- Experience with multiple project delivery methods, including design-bid-build, design-build and construction manager (CM) at risk / agency;
- Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC);
- LEED Green Associate, LEED AP w/ specialty and/or experience working on projects w/ sustainability requirements.
- Proficiency in 2D, 3D and/or virtual reality rendering / graphics software; e.g., Google SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator &/or InDesign), AutoDesk 3ds Max, etc;
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams composed of Pulse Design Group staff and external engineers / consultants;
- Significant interaction with clients, consultants, general contractors, etc;
- Navigating local and state municipality / authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) requirements / approvals;
- Project work planning to achieve required schedule milestones;
- Preparation of meeting agendas and written documentation of project meetings;
- Project site investigation / documentation of existing site conditions;
- Departmental and room-by-room space programming;
- Schematic design, including 2D, 3D and/or virtual reality rendering / graphics;
- Design development drawings & specifications;
- Construction documents preparation;
- Construction administration tasks, including on-site observation of projects during construction;
This is a full-time, salaried position. Pulse Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org.