Design excellence is Pulse Design Group’s focus and passion. We work on the most challenging, complex projects in the healthcare industry and develop design solutions that maximize efficiency while meeting market demands and focusing on patient-centered care.
Pulse Design Group is looking for a Project Accountant to join our team to support the firm’s continued growth.
- Setup and maintain project contracts and change orders in Deltek VantagePoint, including labor, consultant fees, and expenses.
- Ensure that time is accurately coded to project and indirect codes.
- Ensure project invoicing is completed promptly and tracked throughout the project life cycle according to contractual requirements.
- Manage accounts receivable and proactively follow up with client collections.
- Create monthly client statements and reports.
- Record client invoice payments.
- Code and enter project costs, as well as, related subconsultant and expense invoices in VantagePoint.
- Onboard, maintain, and update vendor profiles in VantagePoint.
- Ensure that all invoices are approved by Project Managers / Principals prior to billing and payment.
- Investigate and resolve problems with subconsultant and expense invoices.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Maintain vendor and consultant W-9s and assist with annual 1099 reporting.
- Process vendor payments in accordance with agreed upon payment terms.
- Regularly review and verify that project costs are accurately reflected in project financial records.
- Respond to requests for more information from internal and external sources, including subconsultants.
- Provide additional reporting to support Project Managers and other associates (as necessary).
- Readily assist with other duties assigned by the Controller or firm leadership.
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting.
- 3+ years of billing and accounts payable accounting experience.
- Engineering, Architecture, Construction, or other project-based, professional services accounting experience.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- ERP accounting/project management software experience.
- Experience with Deltek Vantagepoint or Vision is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask effectively, and meet deadlines in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org.